To accomplish the vital projects planned for the rest of this year and next, the Photography Center will need an infusion of funding. We are asking you to participate in either of two ways (or both):
First, as artist / photographer, we ask you to donate one or more pieces of your work to be included in the exhibit and sale. We seek 100 pieces of art, including photographs as well as other objects of art.
Second, we ask that you participate in the project by buying one “ticket” for $100.
It will work like this:
1. We will gather the donated pieces during the Members Show. 2. We will sell uniquely numbered tickets 001 to 100 during the Members Show.
3. For 2 weeks following the Members Show, we will exhibit all the donated pieces in the Gallery.
4. Photographs of each donated piece will be displayed on our website and blog as they arrive.
5. Everyone will have opportunity to view the collection of donated work on-line and in the Gallery for several weeks during October.
6. On a designated evening in late October, a neutral party will draw 100 numbers randomly and blindly, in public. The first number drawn will have first choice of any of the 100 donated works.
7. The next numbers drawn will choose from the remaining works in sequence of the drawn numbers.
8. The 100 th number drawn will not be “stuck” with only one remaining item. I never liked to be the last kid selected for the JV team, so the last person will have at least 10 more works to select from beyond the total number of tickets.
9. Ticket holders need not be present; their preference can be made by choosing and ranking their selections from on-line photos before the date of the drawing.
We want this to be a win-win situation for all participants. Every ticket-holder will have a significant selection of art work from which to choose. Everyone gets a fine piece of art to take home. The selection will be wide and varied.
Several artists who have exhibited in the PhotoCenter Gallery in the past years have already contributed work for this unique event. Their work has routinely sold in galleries for amounts in excess of $1000.
Please call for more information about how you can participate in this interesting event, by donating your work or buying your ticket to obtain a new work.